tomcat-users mailing list archives

From simon <tom...@sydneybluegum.com>
Subject Re: tomcat 4.1.12 much slower than Tomcat 4.0.3
Date Sun, 01 Dec 2002 13:43:41 GMT
Ron,
            Just some ramblings/thing I have been thinking about.

            I had performance problems with jakarta-james on win2000
which did not happen on linux,
            james dev guy fixed it.

            So I was wondering what OS and java are you using.
            Are you using a database in your code?

            I have problems with starting tomcat as a service on win2000
with jdk1.4.1.
            Had to manually remove the old service which was created
when I was using jdk1.3.1.
            Then every thing was ok

            Are you having the same problem with one on the examples
that comes with tomcat?

            Could you put some debug with timestamps in your code.

            Do you have a low memory problem with swaping happening.

            You can check your created dates and time for files in the
work directory to see if  when your jsp were last complied.

Good luck.
Regards,
Simon