tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: Tomcat + commons-logging + log4j
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 21:47:08 GMT
Jacob wrote:
> Set up your <Context ...> entry to look something like this:
> <Context path="/myapp" docBase="myapp" debug="5">
>     <Logger
>         className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
>         prefix="localhost_myapp_servlet_log."
>         suffix=".txt"
>             timestamp="true" />
> </Context>

Wow, nothing like it being right there in front of my face.  The context tag
for the examples does have a Logger tag-- I must have been searching for
'Logging' instead.

Thanks!

Dan wrote:
> Use Tomcat log interface will make your code depending
> on Tomcat appserver.  What if  you want run your app
> on other servers in the future?

I take it logging isn't in the servlet spec?  From another message, I got
the impression that the container would want to send some messages itself.
If there is no Logger configured for the webapp, does it just send them to
the console?

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.