tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Cox, Charlie" <c...@cincom.com>
Subject RE: Simultaneous request from same IP
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 14:43:40 GMT
well, its not the whole solution, but it could eliminate buggy
servlet/filter code and/or buggy client code(since it is a custom client,
not a browser).

this is a way to cut the problem in half and determine which side the
problem occurs on - sending/receiving the request or processing the request.

if rdv shows 2 unique requests, then the problem is in the servlet OR
tomcat's processing/invocation of that servlet.

if rdv shows 2 similar requests, it could be a problem with the client OR
tomcat's code to receive and assign to a thread for the engine.

Side note: any filters in this process? filters must also be written to be
thread safe. I don't recall seeing a web.xml.

Charlie