tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Cox, Charlie" <c...@cincom.com>
Subject RE: Problem downloading binary files, please help.
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 14:51:20 GMT
why do you need a servlet wrapper for binary files? if you need to do
pre/post-processing, use a filter and let tomcat server the file. This way
you don't have to try to implement the http spec in your servlet.

You will run into problems when a download manager requests 10 pieces(via
http resume) of your file at once and you will end up serving the whole file
10 times if you have not handled 'resume' correctly. A filter resolved this
for me.

Charlie