tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Samuel Cheung <SChe...@Novarra.com>
Subject RE: Limits to JSP/Servlet Execution time?
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 22:22:59 GMT
I think you need to implement your own mechanism to do that.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Boyer [mailto:david@bvu.edu]
Sent: Friday, December 06, 2002 3:54 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Q: Limits to JSP/Servlet Execution time?

In IIS, we set the ASP script timeout to be 30 seconds and ASP scripts are
automatically terminated after 30 seconds. Otherwise, enough requests to a
poorly written script could eventaully consume all threads for the scripting
engine.

Is there a way to do this with JSP/Servlets in Tomcat, at either the
application level or the container level to ensure JSP/Servlets cannot run
indefinitely. Or is this not needed due to some other design?

Thanks!