tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Warne" <mike.wa...@pihana.com>
Subject New install, can't get manager or admin to work..
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 21:19:30 GMT
Hi,

I've tried looking through the docs, and the Manager web app howto, but nothing seems to work.

I have a user set up with a role of admin, and a user set up with role of manager in /conf/tomcat-users.xml.
admin app says incorrect user or password, manager says 403 error "Access to the requested
resource has been denied"
There are no logs in the logs directory, so I have no clue what could be wrong.
My personal workstation setup is:  Win2K,  j2sdk1.4.0_02, Tomcat4.1.12.

JSP/Servlet Examples work..
Any hints?

Thanks,
Mike Warne