tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Scott Purcell" <spurc...@vertisinc.com>
Subject Two Questions Tomcat 4.1.12 Win2000
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 15:31:01 GMT

Running Tomcat 4.1.12 on Win2000.

Problem 1) I created a site under webapps in which only servlets will run. I created a web-xml
file: (see Below): All works good.
Question: When I hit the URL http://localhost/site I see a directory listing. I do not want
this. I thought the welcome-file-list was my solution, but maybe I am wrong. How is the best
way to turn off any type of directory listing.?

Problem 2) I am also running a vendors software on the same box, which uses tomcat running
on 8091. I was told not to use any of its servlet engine to run my stuff, so I need to run
another tomcat lets say on 8080. A tomcat for use on some servlets and rpc-xml stuff.
Anyway, is it ok to run two tomcats on one box, as long as they have different port numbers?
Anything I may need to be aware of in this case?

Thanks,
Sincerely
Scott

<!DOCTYPE web-app

<web-app>

   <servlet>
      <servlet-name>testServlet</servlet-name>
      <servlet-class>/servlet/testServlet</servlet-class>
   </servlet>

   <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>invoker</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/servlet/*</url-pattern>