tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Justin L. Spies" <jsp...@pantek.com>
Subject RE: mod_jk---still trying, getting closer
Date Thu, 26 Dec 2002 19:25:48 GMT
Jerry,
I've updated and simplified the configuration files that you supplied
previously.  Any changes I made are denoted by the following:
  NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE

These changes cause your system to have the same config that I first
used to get my system working.  I'm not sure about your directory
structure and whether or not you have symlinks setup, however I did
notice that in some of the configuration files you were using two
different directories that should point to the same directories.  Here
is an example from httpd.conf:

You had the following for the JkWorkersFile:
JkWorkersFile
"/usr/local/webserver/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12-LE-jdk14/conf/jk/workers.pro
perties"

But just below that you had the following apache directive:
    <Directory "/usr/local/webserver/tomcat/webapps/examples">

These should be the same directory above the /conf directory and above
the /webapps directory.  On my system, I have tomcat installed in
/var/tomcat4, so I have the following directives:

JkWorkersFile "/var/tomcat4/conf/jk/workers.properties"
  --  and  --
    <Directory "/var/tomcat4/webapps/examples">

See how they are the same first two?  /conf and /webapps should be a
subdirectory of /tomcat4 (in my case) or /tomcat (in your case), unless
you have a symlink (in your case) from
/usr/local/webserver/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12-LE-jdk14 to
/usr/local/webserver/tomcat.  Does that make sense, or did I just
completely confuse everyone?

Jerry, when you restart Apache and Tomcat, could you send us copies of
the apache error log and the tomcat catalina.out files?  Also, if you
could confirm the directory structure, that would be a big help.

Sincerely,
Pantek Incorporated
Justin L. Spies

URI: http://www.pantek.com