tomcat-users mailing list archives

From aps olute <aps8882...@yahoo.com>
Subject Property files located under WEB-INF/
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 03:13:34 GMT

 Wanted to know if WEB-INF/ and below is restricted to which class? I have seen
it mentioned before but I am unclear as to which class this restriction
applies. Put another way, if I have several servlets under this context, only
those servlets have access to WEB-INF/ dir and subdirs? If any of these
servlets have support classes and these support classes are located in this
WEB-INF/ or subdirs(via packages) and requires a properties file, and these
properties are also located in this directories, NO WAY in hell these support
classes can ever access those properties file?
  Where can those support classes need to be so the servlets using them have
access with proviso the support have access to the properties files? I spent a
week trying to figure this out myself and can not get it resolve. TIA.