tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Muratet <...@torchconcepts.com>
Subject JSP file locations and browsable directories
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 19:38:17 GMT
Greetings

I know there must be a simple answer to this, but I'm damned if I can
find it. I'm using 4.1.10. I've looked at the documentation for
server.xml and web.xml, but I'm still at a loss.

I have some legacy code in which the application trees are in the form
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/app1 and $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/app2 (as opposed
to $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT). The directories app1 and app2 can
be viewed with a browser. The applications have some common class file
names, although the classes are not necessarily the same, and it's
otherwise a hassle to move all the files and resources under ROOT. Is
there a simple (complicated?) way to tell tomcat where to find index.jsp
without exposing the directory to the world?

Thanks.

Mike