tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sarah Grimley <sarahg...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: Advice please: Apache doesn't seem to resolve Tomcat symbolic links
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:59:52 GMT

Yes I enabled symlinking in apache, I forgot to include this in my original mail...

DocumentRoot "/blah blah blah/html"

<Directory />

Options FollowSymLinks

AllowOverride None

</Directory>

Have no idea how to change mod_webapp to mod_jk(2).  If this involves a lot of work, I will
postpone till after Christmas : )   Are you suggesting that if I do, it will solve the problem
of symlinks?
Meanwhile I half-followed Johns advice...
It seems that to work in Apache, I have to edit the links, instead to be 'relative' to the
DocRoot, and then I don't need my Tomcat 'symlink' as an additional 'alias'.
Needless to say, this means that now the gifs pages no longer resolve 'standalone' version,
but for now this quick and dirty (in my mind) solution allows me to get on.
Thanks to John, Ralph and Martin, for your feedback.
Sarah