tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sarah Grimley <sarahg...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: Advice please: Apache doesn't seem to resolve Tomcat symbolic links
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:02:40 GMT

Hi John and Martin.
Yes, I am on Tomcat jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12.
As I said before, the access to the gifs and templates works fine on the 'standalone' version,
which I have put on port 8200.
Under this URL (http://sbio4.ph.chbs:8200/seqreq/icons), since I added the 'allowLinking'
flag to the I can see the directory listing my gifs, and I can click on and view my gifs:

Under this URL, (http://sbio4.ph.chbs/seqreq/icons),  I get the 404 error message, however
in principle, the access to my non-symlinked files and directories works fine.
Thank you for any advice you can give me... do you think that all I need to do is go to jakarta-tomcat-4.1.15?
 This does not seem to make sense, since on 4.1.12 it 'nearly works'.....