tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Brown" <dwbr...@webitplanet.com>
Subject Re: Problems with starting Tomcat 4.1.12 - PLEASE HELP
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 21:18:33 GMT
Siobhan Quigley writes:

> I have installed the Java SDK and Tomcat 4.1.12 (release version).  I have set the JAVA_HOME
 and the
> CATALINA_HOME  variables and did the ECHO test.  When I try to start up Tomcat, I type
> C:\Tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12\bin\startup.bat but I get an error message saying it
can not
> find the path specified.
>
> What do I need to type to (a) start the application and (b) shut down the
> application.? (I am a complete beginner)
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> rocket

Hello rocket, since u did not specify more info like: type and version of:
os, jdk under ur %JAVA_HOME%, dev environment (command-line?) etc. i assume
u mean a windoz system. so, does %CATALINA_HOME%\bin resolve to:
C:\Tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12\bin? if not, that is ur problem. hope, this
helps, david.