tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "kantha" <kan...@questech.co.in>
Subject Please help me out to set character encoding of JVM
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 13:46:39 GMT
Hi

   I am working on a web application. The language supported is "Japanease", I
am using EUC-JP encoding type.

My database [pgsql] is set for the EUC-JP.

The problem here is JVM is not handeling EUC-JP
Intially I started with tomcat3.2 and jdk1.3
after that I upgraded both as tomcat4 and jdk1.4
and I put the below in tomcat configuration

-Dfile.encoding=EUC-JP

It helped me a lot and started wirking as per my requirement. But the main
problem was the whole system reduced the perfomance more the 50 times compare
to the earlier. [I dont know why]

So I just put jdk1.3 back. Now the system is working fast. but support for EUC-
JP is not working even then -Dfile.encoding=EUC-JP is exists in the tomcat 4.

Please let me know how set the encoding type for jdk1.3 JVM

Thanks in advance
Kantharaju Javali

Any Opinions, explicit or implied, are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of Questech. This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error)
please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying,
disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.