tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Brown" <dwbr...@webitplanet.com>
Subject Re: MySQL JAR File Location
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 17:21:17 GMT
Johnson, Garrett writes:

> Ladies and Gentlemen:
>
> Where should I drop a copy of the JDBC Driver .jar file that I need to
> connect to MySQL from Tomcat?  I understand there are a variety of
> classloaders, invoked on a number of different directories.  Obviously, I
> could just dump it into %JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\ext, but what if I wish to
> restrict access to the Database?
>
> So I suppose this is 2 questions:
>
> 1.  If I want all of my web applications to have access to the .jar file,
> where's it go?
>
> 2.  If I want only one of my web application to have access, where's it go?
>
> --

Hello Garrett, the tc docs says the $CATALINA_HOME/lib is global to tc
webapps (after tc restart). this works me running oracle db 9.2 the oracle
jar that contains the JDBC drivers is in the directory i mentioned and db
access is available from all the webapps. i control user access from oracle
and not from tc because oracle has more control over user access. i don't
know what mySQL offers in terms of user access controls. hope this helps,
david.