tomcat-users mailing list archives

From RXZ JLo <rufoo2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: how many linux processes should tomcat create???
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 06:12:20 GMT

> Those are not processes, those are threads.

$ ps awx shows the output below. As you say the
following may be threads, but how do I get the parent
process of all these - ie., how do I restrict the
output to show only the processes and not the threads
within. I need this to kill the tomcat which keeps
running even after shutdown(whose cause I dont know)

 9046 ?        S      0:04
/usr/java/jdk1.3.1_06/bin/i386/native_threads/java -D
java.endorsed.dirs=/home/dev/software/jakarta-tomcat
 9073 ?        S      0:00