tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steve R. Burrus" <burrus...@excite.com>
Subject Re: HELP!! Tomcat crashes on me!
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 21:55:45 GMT
  Hi "Rasputin", lemme "clue you in" to the fact that I HAVE gotten Tomcat 4.1.16 [version]
to run successfully/smoothly by now!!! I posted that fact to the newsgroup late last nite,
guess that you just haven't seen it yet! And as for me "abusing" other people "please try
not to shout abuse at people who are trying to help you,...", I guess that I was yesterday
on Micael's case about the way that I percived him to be all the time with other people in
the newsgroup!!! I thought that he received my CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM rather well, wish that
you could also take it that way. :)

 wrote:From: Rasputin [mailto: rasputin@idoru.mine.nu]To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.orgDate:
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 12:20:10 +0000Subject: Re: HELP!! Tomcat crashes on me!* Steve R. Burrus
[1201 05:01]:
> Kwok, the so-called "crash" is like it just flat disappearing on me!!! I
> mean, it's like "puff", like "up in smoke" so to speak!!

Right, and it's given you an error that explains your server.xml is
invalid.
Since it seems to work out of the box for many people,
I'm guessing you've edited it. Why not try reinstalling, and this time,
don't edit the server.xml file - as other people have mentioned, you
shouldn't need to.

If it doesn't work, then try examining the logs to see why, and post
any errors you see there.

And please try not to shout abuse at people who are trying to help you, it
means people who could help you instead set their mailers to ignore you.

Cheers.