tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Brown" <dwbr...@webitplanet.com>
Subject Re: VIRTUAL HOST CONFIGURATION
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 17:19:36 GMT
karthikeyan.balasubramanian writes:

> Hi All,
>
>   I have sucessfully integarated Apache with Tomcat using WarpConnecter.  But how do
i go about from here to implement lots of Virtual Host for our clients.  I  need to setup
atleast 5 virtual hosts.  I couldnt actually figure a way to host 5 real domains with JSP
and Servlet support.

>   What are all the changes I need to do in the Httpd.conf and Server.xml.  I dont want
to keep users folder under
> TOMCATHOME/Webapps/UserContext it will be under /usr/home/users-home-directory.
>
>   Can anybody help me out on this.  If somebody out here who have hosted some real domains
rather then localhost thing
> please advice.
>
>   Looking forward for yours response.
>
> karthikeyan.

Hello, i'm hosting 4 public virtual domains. i am using mod_jk w/ apache and
JkMount in httpd.conf and the ajp13 connector. i have many servlets, java
beans and jsp running in different protected application context
directories, jdbc connection to oracle, etc. this works 4 me. i know about
the WarpConnector but have not used it. i have seen a lot of controversy on
this ml about WarpConnector. maybe u could try the mail-archive to find out
more or just keep trying here. hope this helps, david.