tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Brown" <dwbr...@webitplanet.com>
Subject Re: How to connect to a Data-File above the WEB-INF-Folder from a servlet????
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 14:22:43 GMT
Patrick Kosiol writes:

> Hi,
>
> How do I connect to a Data-File above the WEB-INF-Folder from a
> servlet????
> For example my class is placed in
> $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/myApp/server/servlet.class and
> my data-files are placed in $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/data/data.dat or so. Is
> this possible or does anybody know a better way to place my data-files?
> And how do I connect to them?
>
> thx a lot
> Patrick
>

> --
> For additional commands, e-mail:

Hello Patrick, it would be easier and more prudent to create ur own
application context, a so-called "webapp", and get away from the "ROOT"
application. for example i have an online application that uses a java
"properities" file in conjuction w/ a "webapp". this properties file is
located just above: WEB-INF after the .war expands and i access the file w/o
conflicts. if i have a "webapp" that is accessed via:
http://localhost:8080/webapp where the actual servlet class resides here:
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/webapp/WEB-INF/classes/com/myhost/webappservlet.class
i would access my properites file at: $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/my.properties.
hope this helps, david.