tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rasputin <raspu...@idoru.mine.nu>
Subject Re: HELP!! Tomcat crashes on me!
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 12:20:10 GMT
* Steve R. Burrus <burrus1@swbell.net> [1201 05:01]:
> Kwok, the so-called "crash" is like it just flat disappearing on me!!! I
> mean, it's like "puff", like "up in smoke" so to speak!!

Right, and it's given you an error that explains your server.xml is
invalid.
Since it seems to work out of the box for many people,
I'm guessing you've edited it. Why not try reinstalling, and this time,
don't edit the server.xml file - as other people have mentioned, you
shouldn't need to.

If it doesn't work, then try examining the logs to see why, and post
any errors you see there.

And please try not to shout abuse at people who are trying to help you, it
means people who could help you instead set their mailers to ignore you.

Cheers.