tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jerome "Lacoste (Frisurf)" <lacos...@frisurf.no>
Subject Re: reducing tomcat & jasper memory footprint
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2002 19:51:31 GMT
Could this be also related to the leaks of the java compiler?
Did you try to precompile the JSPs before deploying them (using JSPC) ?
Perhaps does that help?

Jerome

On Mon, 2002-12-30 at 20:37, Julian Löffelhardt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Apache 1.3.26 and 3 tomcat 4.0.4 instances with AJP13 & loadbalancing .
> Our application is a CMS where all the published articles are generated offline as JSP-Files,
one jsp per article.

> We had hige problems with the memory footprint. Due to the fact that every jsp is generated
as a class and there are about 200 new artices per day the permanent segment of the JVM heap
gets filled with all the classes, and I get an OutOfMemoryError.
> My workaround for now is setting -XX:PermSize and --XX:MapPermSize to higher values,
but this just delays application hang-up.

--
Jerome Lacoste (Frisurf) <lacostej@frisurf.no>
CoffeeBreaks