tomcat-users mailing list archives

From tobias.dittr...@t-online.de
Subject Listener Element in Context: class not found Exception
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2002 12:29:36 GMT
Hello there,

I have a problem with the <Listener> element inside a <Context> element

in the server.xml configuration file. I always get a ClassNotFound
Exception for the class I specify in the attribute className when I
try to start catalina.

I defined a Listener like this:

<Host name="localhost" debug="1" appBase="webapps"
       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
 [..]
  <Context path="/myapp" docBase="myapp" debug="1">
    <Listener className="com.mypackage.ListenerClass"/>
  </Context>
 [..]
</Host>

The corresponding com.mypackage.ListenerClass resides inside it's web
application directory webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/classes. Now when I try to

start the server I get a ClassNotFoundException for
com.mypackage.ListenerClass ...

Now where do I have to put the classes so catalina can find them or is

there a configuration file where I can point to this class? Supporting
a classpath doesn't help as catalina is setting it's own classpath.

Any hints would be appreciated
Tobi