tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike W-M" <>
Subject Re: Simultaneous request from same IP
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 01:07:42 GMT

I've played around with a servlet almost identical to your original (not
full!) test-case (below).  (Did you actually get the problem to appear on
this one or is it just a theoretical cut-down of the larger example you
posted later?)
I've made - not exactly concurrent, but definitely sub-second-apart -
requests from two instances of Internet Explorer.  (Nifty finger/mouse
I cannot reproduce your "confused" results.  [I've even added a
thread.sleep(10000) into the servlet to ensure that the requests are running
(or at least in existence) concurrently. ]

I still can't think of anything you're doing in the servlet that would
produce the results you describe.
I (still) think that the problem is most likely with your "simultaneous
requests" themselves.  How are you making these requests - via code?  Can
you reproduce the problem with nifty-I.E. fingerwork?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Bick" <>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <>
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2002 3:13 PM
Subject: RE: Simultaneous request from same IP

Thanks for responding.  I don't think it is an instance variable
problem. Here is the code to reproduce the problem:

public class AServlet extends HttpServlet {
reponse) throws ServletException, IOException {

  printWriter pw = reponse.getWriter();

System.out.println("Query String: " + request.getQueryString());
      System.our.println("Header      : "

Two different request hit this servlet about 1 sec apart everything is
fine.  It's only when they enter the servlet at the same time.

I will submit a bug report if know one sees a problem with the above