tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike W-M" <m...@ward-murphy.co.uk>
Subject Re: where is stderr sent? AND ALSO 'System.err'
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 12:36:48 GMT
>From the documentation:
(http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/config/logger.html)

<<
Standard Error Logger (org.apache.catalina.logger.SystemErrLogger)

The Standard Error Logger records all logged messages to whatever stream the
standard error output of Catalina is pointed at.
The default Catalina startup script points this at file logs/catalina.out
relative to $CATALINA_HOME. This logger supports no additional attributes.

Mike.

Hi,

OK, thats right but where are the messages written to? Into a logFile?

Patrick