tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike W-M" <m...@ward-murphy.co.uk>
Subject Re: Tomcat uptime and stability in production environments
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 15:58:12 GMT
It's all making interesting reading.
I'm slightly surprised to see so many people on 4.1.x.  When I stuck my head
down a month or so ago to do some work, 4.0.4 was the production release.
(A longstanding one, I believe.)
Suddenly 4.1.x is the production version and everyone seems to be using
that.  And there seem to be more than a few complaints about it.....

I'm expecting to deploy to 4.0.x  (where x = 5, I guess)...

Mike.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brandon Cruz" <bcruz@norvax.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 3:35 PM
Subject: RE: Tomcat uptime and stability in production environments

Mike,

I had this mysterious problem with Tomcat 3.2.4 which would force us to
restart the server almost every day due to CPU usage slowly increasing over
time.  We tried upgrading to Tomcat 4.1.12 and found it to have several bugs
and crash every once in a while (the crashing could have been configuration
problems).  We upgraded to tomcat 4.1.16 and do not seem to see any of the
original problems and the server has not crashed or slowed down yet, it has
only been up for about four days without restart so far, but the memory and
CPU seems to be totally under control.

We are on a linux machine as well.