tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jim Urban" <jur...@parkcitysolutions.com>
Subject Apache (mod_jk) Tomcat Not Launching JNLP
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2002 21:14:43 GMT
I have Tomcat 4.0.4 attached via mod_jk to Apache 2.0.43 running on W2K with
Java 1.3.0.  If I try to start a JWS application via Apache I get a error
bad mime type (text/plain).  However, if I bypass Apache by specifying port
8080 in my .jnlp files codebase, it starts just fine.

I’m not sure if I should be telling mod_jk to pass the .jnlp requests to
Tomcat or teaching Apache to serve .jnlp as mime type
application/x-java-jnlp-file.  Can someone please suggest the proper way to
handle this?

Thanks,
Jim Urban