tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike W-M" <m...@ward-murphy.co.uk>
Subject Tomcat uptime and stability in production environments
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:24:27 GMT
I remember someone telling me once, "No wonder we're having problems - that
NT box hasn't been rebooted for a week."

I haven't seen any mention of it here, but wondered if anyone has any
similar(ly pithy) advice to offer on matters of Tomcat / Java stability and
uptime.
Is one sensible to plan to restart a production Tomcat every night, or
foolish if you plan to do it every month?
Do JVMs eat more and more memory unless they're restarted?

I'm planning to deploy on Linux, but it'd be interesting to see how opinion
varies by platform.

Ta.
Mike.