tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Esteban González <egonza...@outside.com.ar>
Subject Re: How do I access files above and below \web-inf folder?
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 16:38:17 GMT
Hi,
    What if I don´t have a way to access to any kind of ServletContext.?

    Let´s say i have a static class that loads properties, but i want it to
use ServletContext.getResource(..). Unfortunately there´s no static method
around to the a reference to the servletContext.

    any ideas?

    Best regards,
    Esteban

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Moore" <tmoore@blackboard.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, December 02, 2002 1:31 PM
Subject: RE: How do I access files above and below \web-inf folder?

You should probably use ServletContext.getResource or
ServletContext.getResourceAsStream

http://java.sun.com/j2ee/sdk_1.3/techdocs/api/javax/servlet/ServletConte
xt.html#getResource(java.lang.String)

http://java.sun.com/j2ee/sdk_1.3/techdocs/api/javax/servlet/ServletConte
xt.html#getResourceAsStream(java.lang.String)

That way, it will still work if your web app is packaged as a WAR file.
The path argument is context-relative.

Phone 202-463-4860 ext. 258 / Fax 202-463-4863