tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ben Jessel" <ben.jes...@morpheme.co.uk>
Subject Workaround for login page direct reference
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2002 16:14:45 GMT
Hi,
I've got a realm set up on Tomcat. It works fine - whenever I go to a
protected page, I am forwarded to the login.jsp page.
However, if I go to the login.jsp page directly and fill in my details I get
"Invalid direct reference to form login page". not surprising really as
tomcat would get itself into an endless cycle.

Now what are the strategies for hiding this page, so a hapless user who goes
directly to the login page and enters his details doesn't get this message.
I'd want to forward them onto the index page. Any ideas? Would I explicity
bar the request of the requesting of the login page using my web server?..I
doubt it, as I reckon tht the realm probably uses a sendRedirect(). I guess
that I could check the refering page...hmm dunno...any ideas?

Thanks

-b