tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rick Fincher" <...@tbird.com>
Subject Re: in search of more efficient design
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2002 22:01:53 GMT
Is this correct?  My JVM memory use expands and contracts all the time
during a Tomcat run.  The JVM will get bigger until it hits the memory
limits set up at start time, then it will GC and get smaller, according to
the OS anyway.

This is on Solaris but I can't imagine that they would make the JVM such a
memory pig on other OS's.  Early versions maybe, but not now.

Rick