tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jim Henderson" <...@metafile.com>
Subject RE: Session timeout setting (Getting desperate)
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2002 17:18:12 GMT
The path I gave you is for Tomcat 4.1.  For 4.0 you will have to define the
manager in the $CATALINA_HOME/conf/tomcat-users.xml.  Look at documentation
at: http://localhost:8080/tomcat-docs/manager-howto.html.  Sorry, it is not
as simple in 4.0.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kenny G. Dubuisson, Jr. [mailto:kdubuisson@kcmria.com]
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 10:40 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Session timeout setting (Getting desperate)

Thanks for the info.  Here is my question:
> Try using the Tomcat Administration  tools and see how it displays the
> session timeout in it's WEB pages.
> (http://localhost:8080/admin/login.jsp)

I don't see such an app on my system.  I'm running Tomcat 4.0.5.  I went to
the $CATALINA_HOME/webapps directory and see no such "admin" directory.
Also, I examined my config files and see no such mapping for the admin app.
Is this something I missed on the install?  I would be very interested to
see the Tomcat admin app if I could add it in now.  Maybe the session
setting is available via this missing app.

Thanks,
Kenny