tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Julian Löffelhardt <jul...@austria.fm>
Subject Question about an AJP error
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 23:40:02 GMT
Hi,

To all the mod_jk & AJP guys out there I have a question :)

I'm using mod_jk 1.2.0 , apache 1.3.26 & tomcat 4.0.4.
I use apache as load-balancer for my (3) tomcats.

Besides some system hang-ups now and then it works fine.

Could anybody please explain me the source of ajp errors like this one:

2002-12-09 14:48:14 Ajp13Processor[8009][327] process: invoke
java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:126)
        at org.apache.ajp.Ajp13.send(Ajp13.java:525)
        at org.apache.ajp.RequestHandler.finish(RequestHandler.java:495)
        at org.apache.ajp.Ajp13.finish(Ajp13.java:395)
        at org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Response.finishResponse(Ajp13Response.jav
a:196)
        at org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Processor.process(Ajp13Processor.java:464
)
        at org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Processor.run(Ajp13Processor.java:551)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

I've read in the list that it's not uncommon for this error to occur on a high-volume site
about 20-30 times a day.
Problem is I'm having houndreds of them (one error/5 minutes) a day.
>From readming the mailing list archives I got the impression this error is well known,
but I couldn't find a posting explaing the details (and how to get rid of it).

llap,
julian löffelhardt