tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rob A. Augustinus" <devi...@siulintao.net>
Subject RE: Tomcat 3.3 and Oracle9i
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2002 22:37:44 GMT

Oracle 8 jar doesn't work with oracle 9.. Connections will always
fail until you either patch your classes12.zip or get the ojdbc14.jar
Drivers from oracle.

Rob Augustinus

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Barker [mailto:wbarker@wilshire.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2002 21:44
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Tomcat 3.3 and Oracle9i

Obviously, Tomcat 3.3 hasn't changed ;-).  I can't see any reason why
replacing the "Oracle 8" jar with the "Oracle 9" jar wouldn't work.  If
you can post more information on your config (e.g. where the Oracle jar
is located), and any errors in the logs, it would help the list to help
you :).

"Nancy Crisostomo Martinez" <nancycm@correo.uqroo.mx> wrote in message
> Hi!
> I had tested a Java application that runs in Tomcat 3.3 accesing to
> Oracle 8.1.7 with great success.
>
> But now I'm trying to migrate the same application to a new server
> that has the Oracle 9.0.1 version installed, and it doesn't get
> connected to the database. It gets the java.lang.NullPointerException.

> because the Connection variable is always null.
>
> I have updated the oracle jdbc version, so I can't understand why it
> doesn't get connected yet, and I had recompiled all the classes. Any
> ideas? Thanks in advance.
>
> Nancy.

For additional commands, e-mail: