tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ronin Quigley" <rocketquig...@esatclear.ie>
Subject Help needed to run Tomcat 4.1.12
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 23:27:02 GMT
I am running Windows XP and have done the following:
  a.. Installed Jave SDK and set the path variable to stemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:Java\bin;
  b.. Downloaded release version  4.1.12 of Tomcat
  c.. Set the variable JAVA HOME=C:\JAVA
  d.. Set the variable CATALINA_HOME= C:\TOMCAT\JAKARTA-TOMCAT 4.1.12
  e.. Tested  the above by doing the ECHO test and they were fine.
The command prompt in Windows XP automatically defaults to C:\Documents and Settings\Go For
It Web Design>, how do I get a C:\ prompt?
And once I get a C:\ prompt can I start it by the following?

C:\
cd tomcat\jakarta-tomcat 4.1.12\bin
startup.bat

Any help would be much appreciated.