tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Joe Williams" <joe_d_willi...@mindspring.com>
Subject Red Hat 8.0, mod_jk build issues
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2002 04:29:46 GMT
Red Hat 8.0 comes with Apache 2.0.40. I attempted to install mod_jk using
several different binaries (even the ones that are supposedly for 2.0.42 and
2.0.43) and repeatedly got the same error when restarting Apache. To the
effect that my version of mod_jk.c was not the right one for my version of
httpd

So, I did Google searches for Apache 2.0, Linux, mod_jk and turned up the
instructions at John Turner's Web site.

I decided to use the Configure version of the instructions. I downloaded the
connectors and the version of Tomcat he suggests, and did not download
Apache because I already have it with the Red Hat distro.

When I run configure, I only see one thing that might be an issue: a warning
that my "missing" script is old or missing.
"/usr/local/connectors/jk/native/scripts/build/unix/missing: Unknown `--run'
option
Try `/usr/local/connectors/jk/native/scripts/build/unix/missing --help' for
more information
configure: WARNING: `missing' script is too old or missing"

After configure finds perl, I get:

"building connector for "apache-2.0"
checking for target platform... unix
no apache given
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating apache-1.3/Makefile
config.status: creating apache-1.3/Makefile.apxs
config.status: creating apache-2.0/Makefile
config.status: creating apache-2.0/Makefile.apxs
config.status: creating common/Makefile
config.status: creating common/list.mk
config.status: creating jni/Makefile
config.status: executing depfiles commands"

When I run make, everything seems normal until this message appears:

"/usr/src/build/147213-i386/BUILD/httpd-2.0.40/srclib/apr/libtool: No such
file or directory"
And I get an Error 1. No mod_jk.so file, either.

OK, Red Hat puts things in different places than other distros. I have two
libtools, neither in the path given above.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Joe