tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rob Augustinus" <rob.augusti...@bbned.nl>
Subject tomcat config problems
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2002 11:04:12 GMT

Hi,

Just new to the list.. since I have a little problem with my
config. I was trying to install tomcat on my linux box and
setting it up to use a different appBase in my /var/ directory.

I was assuming that :
<Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="/var/tomcat/webapps"
       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">

would do the trick, but this seems to get me in some trouble
as now tomcat will not start. $CATALINA_HOME/logs/catalina.out
tells me this :

Exception during startup processing
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLo
ader.java:992)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLo
ader.java:857)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:176)

looking around in the docs (probably not good enough:-) I couldn't
really figure out how to fix this. Can someone point me in the
right direction?

Rob Augustinus