tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kristján Bjarni Guðmundsson <kris...@hugvit.is>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.1.10 and Windows NT - Repost - Urgent
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:06:28 GMT
Yes I ran into this myself, I think it is because of this error:

http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/bugParade/bugs/4776385.html

You can try to use JVM 1.3 or JVM 1.4 instead.

"Short, Dave" <dave.short@pfizer.com> wrote on 19.11.2002 17:02:14:

> I'm trying to run Tomcat 4.1.10 "out of the box" and get the following
error

> when executing "catalina.bat run":
>
> Using CATALINA_BASE:   C:\Tomcat
> Using CATALINA_HOME:   C:\Tomcat
> Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: C:\Tomcat\temp
> Using JAVA_HOME:       D:\Jdk1.2.2
> Bootstrap: Class loader creation threw exception
> java.lang.IllegalMonitorStateException: current thread not owner
>         at

org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.addRepositoryInternal(Standar

> dClassLoader.java, Compiled Code)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.<init>(StandardClassLoader.ja

> va, Compiled Code)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory.createClassLoader(ClassLoader