tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Felipe Moreno - Realweb Soluções <fmor...@realweb.com.br>
Subject mod_webapp: How to make it work with tomcat 4 and Apache 2.0.40 ?
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2002 19:30:13 GMT
Hi List Members!

  I'm having some headache here installing and configuring webapp for
Apache.
  If anyone could help me I will thank a lot!

This is the scene:
------------------
- Linux 7
- Apache 2.040
- Tomcat 4 (last version)

   I have several "virtualhosts" installed in my apache already configured
to un php, perl, ssi and manu others.
   I already installed Tomcat 4 first and it worked fine like "standalone".
So I was able to access it using the www.name.com.br:8080 (default por). My
apache is running very fine with about 30 virtual hosts configured each one
to have his own permissions and directories. Now, I want to run Apache like
de main server and use tomcat only to "proccess" jsp and servlets things. I
found in connectors a good way to do it. So, I started to read about it and
started to try to install the mod_jk2 connector that use AJP1.2/AJP1.3. I
couldn't do it cause I didn't find the right files and in the middle of the
proccess I read that mod_webapp is much easier to install than jk2. So, I
started to install mod_webapp for Apache.
   I got the "source" package from jakarta.apache.org an read about the
installation. I found that I needed APR to use web_app and some JARS files
compiled with ANT. I unzip (untared) the tar file and executed the command
./configure and after the command make. I executed after the command
./support/buildconf.sh  in the directory of APR (source files). So, I
executed the command ./configure --with-apxs and It generated the
mod_webapp.so. I put it in the modules directory of Httpd (Apache
webserver).
   After this, I inserted the line LoadModule webapp_module
modules/mod_webapp.so in the httpd.conf (addModule isn't necessary according
to the Apache 2 documentation) and inserted the three lines below in each of
the Virtualhosts in the VH file:

WebAppConnection ceplacom-conn warp localhost:8008
WebAppDeploy ceplacom-sos ceplacom-conn /
WebAppDeploy ceplacom-webapp ceplacom-conn /_webapp

   So, now I will show how my server.xml is configured in Tomcat <dir>:

Server.xml
----------
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>

  <Service name="Tomcat-Apache">

     port="8009" minProcessors="1" maxProcessors="5"/>

    <Connector className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector"
     enableLookups="false" appBase="webapps"
     acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

 <Engine className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpEngine"
     name="Apache" debug="0" appBase="webapps">

              prefix="apache_log." suffix=".txt"
              timestamp="true"/>

      <Host name="ceplacom.com.br">
       <Alias name="www.ceplacom.com.br"/>
       <Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig"
        append="true" />

       <Context path="/" docBase="/path/to/virtualhost">
       <Context path="/_webapp"
                debug="0"
                privileged="true"
                docBase="/path/to/manager">
       </Context>
      </Host>

    </Engine>

  </Service>
</Server>

	The Problem:
	------------

   When I have this configuration above, I try to run the Apache webserver
(httpd) and get the below error message:

Failed to start apache :
Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 67 of /etc/httpd/conf.d/virtual.conf:
Invalid port number (p<1) No "Port" statement found
[FAILED]

Anyone know what could be wrong? or missing?
Any step by step to install webapp???

Thanks in advance for any help!

Best Regards!

Felipe Moreno