tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ma, Yongjie" <Yongjie...@ca.com>
Subject Is Tomcat multi-process, multi-thread in Linux?
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2002 16:35:31 GMT
Hi

I have a question about Tomcat design issue:

  In the windows system, when I started tomcat,  only one java process was running although
we can set minProcessors or maxProcessors number in the server.xml. For each request, tomcat
will create a thread to handle it. To me, Tomcat is single process and multithread. Do those
minProcessors and maxProcessors definitions mean minThread and maxThread??

  But in the Linux, if I started tomcat, a number of java process was showing up. So I was
confusing, it is multi-process for sure, but in the each process, it is single thread or multi-thread????

Thanks
Jack