tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Reynir Hübner <rey...@hugsmidjan.is>
Subject RE: Tomcat or JBoss?
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2002 14:11:04 GMT
If you need EJB container I recommend that you set up Jboss, if you don't need it, don't do
it.

You must realize the fact that Tomcat is a servlet/JSP container when Jboss is a J2EE container,
usually bundled with either Jetty or tomcat for servlets/jsp support.
I've been using tomcat for development for about 2 years and it is in my mind one of the best
servlet containers around these days, as it's very simple to configure, performes well and
is quite stable, I've also been using tomcat and other application servers for production
and tomcat is just doing fine there as well.

What kind of improvement are you looking for in your production env over the dev-env, that
you've been using ?

-reynir