tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Reynir Hübner <rey...@hugsmidjan.is>
Subject RE: auto-redirect to default page - undesired
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2002 22:53:53 GMT
You could map a servlet or jsp to the path / that dispatches the request using RequestDispatcher.forward("/path_to_somewhere"
to what ever place you want, then remove the welcome-files from web.xml, if you don't want
that functionality.

I think that might work for you.

Hope it helps
-reynir@hugsmidjan.is

(www.mysite.com) is requested, the url is actually redirected (the url of the window will
change) to www.mysite.com/index.jsp. This presumes use of tomcat as standalone.

>From what I have been reading this can have adverse effects on search engine placement
and is thus not a desired effect.  Does anyone know how to configure tomcat to behave as most
other web servers and *not* redirect the user?  I think the difference here may be to forward
the user versus redirecting them.

Thanks.
Neal