tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: compiling mod_jk under AIX (or any other OS it wasn't develop ed on)
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2002 13:40:00 GMT

I have had no problems on Red Hat 7.2 & 7.3, and I got an email from someone
who didn't have any major problems on Red Hat 8.  Likewise SuSe and
Mandrake.

I had no problems whatsoever the other day with JK on Solaris 8, but had
problems with JK2 on Solaris 8.  I still need to search bugzilla to see if a
problem I had with JK2 has been submitted...there was no definition for some
socket descriptors in jk_channel_connect.c. The other was user error on my
part by not having a sym-link to libapr.so from libapr.0.so.

For some reason, people seem to be skipping Solaris 7 in the build process,
I don't know why.  I see info on building for Solaris 6 and 8, but not 7.
In my experience, any of the Linux distros should be good to go for building
JK/JK2, which is to be expected with an open source project.  It actually
took quite a bit of effort to get my Solaris 8 box happy with building
GNU-oriented open source code...I had to install dozens of Sun packages on
top of a normal Solaris install, not to mention a whole bunch of packages
from sunfreeware.com before I could even start building.

John