tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: JkMount only *jsp but include index.jsp?
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2002 17:49:08 GMT

Check out the welcome-file option in web.xml.  Set that to index.jsp and you
should be OK.

If you need Apache to understand that "/" = "index.jsp" you'll need to do
something like set DirectoryIndex in your virtual host container in
httpd.conf, and if that doesn't work, you'll need to either get the
sledgehammer out and use mod_rewrite, or just stick a file called index.html
in the same directory as index.jsp, and have index.html contain a
zero-second META refresh to index.jsp.  You could also write a filter that
would look at every request and trap requests without a filename and do a
redirect to index.jsp.

Lots of options, it pretty much depends on what you are comfortable doing,
and how much work you want to devote to doing it.  My preference is to use
the index.html refresh option...my personal rule is to stick an index.html
file into _every_ directory reachable by Apache that does a refresh back to
the main page.  Stops prowlers.

John