tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Standalone Tomcat : suppress directory listing in web.xml
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2002 16:37:31 GMT

Stick a file called "index.html" in the directory where you want listings
suppressed.

Write a Filter to intercept all requests and look for a filename in the
request...open-ended requests like "/" or "/myapp/" would be intercepted and
redirected.

Make sure you have a welcome file list setup in your web.xml.

John