tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Henri Gomez <hgo...@apache.org>
Subject RE: mod_jk build problems
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2002 16:21:06 GMT
 >There is something wrong with the build system (at least for solaris)
 >as I had to go into the apache-2.0 directory and manually do a "make
 >mod_jk.so" and then it built it.  Now looking it is also in the .libs
 >dir, but with the same timestamp and size as the .so NOT in the .libs
 >dir.  <shrug>

 >As for the build tools, I had to actually get the version of autoconf
 >(2.54) that was not officially released yet (2.53 is the current
 >official release as of a couple of days ago on gnu.org).  autoconf
2.54 >isn't listed on the site, but is on the ftp site for download.

fyi, I build without problem on a Redhat 7.2 with :

autoconf 2.13-14, automake 1.4p5-2, libtool  1.4-8, gcc 2.96-108.

Configure is part of the GNU tools suite and as such works better
with gcc/gmake and libtool and you must be sure to have matching
version for your platform.