tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Henri Gomez <hgo...@apache.org>
Subject RE: mod_jk build problems
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2002 11:25:33 GMT

You should know that the up to date jk/jk2 documentation is not in
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/index.html (it's
only a snap) but in :

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/doc
or http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk2/doc

We works hard in JK/JK2 to provide up to date documentation and to
include users feedback.

And to be able to include such feedback, we need POSITIVE returns,
including bug/fixes and experiences on the various operating systems.

 >I build
 > with
 > > the "--enable-jni" since it is suggested for Apache 2.0 and I get a
 > > "jk_jnicb.so" but I don't get a "mod_jk.so" as the documentation
 > suggests.
 > > Is it correct behavior that a "mod_jk.so" NOT get built when using that
 > > build option?  If so, would help if that was noted in docs.
 >
 > I faced the same behaviour. I went to the directory
 > jk/native/apache-2.0/ and found a target "mod_jk.so" in Makefile.
 > So just type "make mod_jk.so" and you'll get it.
 >
 > But yes, it is a bug, and it should be reported.

My usual question will be give more informations about :

operating system, compilers/linkers/libtool used, apache webserver
version....

And as allways in ASF/OSS spirit, suggestions, bug fixes, documentations
updates are welcomed and much more profitable to community that just
negative opinion like "dont' quite seem to cover everything (you know
what I mean)".

Regards