tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ajit Bhingarkar" <abhin...@tibco.com>
Subject Urgent: Need help pls
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2002 18:15:11 GMT
Hello TomCat gurus :

I am trying to deploy a webapp using TomCat4.0.6. My webapp
internally uses Entrust libraries for PKI related functionality.

When I try to log into the webapp the initialization fails throwing
following error.

ERROR java.lang.Error: factory already defined java.lang.Error: factory
already defined at
java.net.URL.setURLStreamHandlerFactory(URL.java:862) at
com.tibco.security.ssl.entrust6.SSLFactoryImpl.<clinit>(SSLFactoryImpl.java:40) at

Basically my webapp is not allowed to set a URLStreamHandlerFactory,
and error suggests that it has already been set up.

I am not trying to run TomCat in SSL mode. I am using simple http transport,
and this used to work perfectly with TomCat3.2.x.

Is there anything I can configure to get rid of this problem ?

What particular code has already set the URLStreamHandlerFactory or
SocketFactory ?

I shall very much appreciate any feedback related to this issue.

Thanks,
Ajit