tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steve Howie <sho...@uoguelph.ca>
Subject Re: WARNING: Exception getting SSL attributes
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2002 17:38:13 GMT

Ma, Yongjie wrote:
> I got same exception message. And Bill Barker told me this is a bug in Tomcat 4.1.12.
>
> Following message was from him:
>
> The SSL support in 4.1.12 is broken with JVM 1.4.x.  You need to copy
> http://gump.covalent.net/jars/latest/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/tomcat-util.jar.
> jar to $CATALINA_HOME/server/lib to fix (or wait, hopefully not long, for
> 4.1.13).
>
> I tried this new jar file, yes, the exception message was disappeared. But It brings
another problem, it will always ask client certificate even if you set ClientAuth="false".

> I did not try new 4.1.13 yet. Maybe you can try that one first.

I also got the same errors using JSSE 1.0.3 and JSDK 1.3.1_01 with
Tomcat 4.1.12.

I upgraded Tomcat from 4.0.4 and I dont think I got these messages with
that version. So it does look like a Tomcat issue.

Scotty