tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nalini <nalin...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: The requested resource (/BookSource/DispatchServlet) is not available.
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2002 12:47:31 GMT
Hi,
I tried with the syntax you gave and also with the
syntax below. It gives the same error. Where should I
put my servlet class files. I have copied them under
the directory
BookSource\web-inf\classes\BookStore\DispatchServlet.class.
Is this right?

<% if(request.getMethod().equals("POST")) %>
   <jsp:forward
page="web-inf/classes/BookStore/DispatchServlet"/>

Thanks in advance.
Nalini

--- Alfonso Martinez <trilock@linuxcenter.com.mx>
wrote:
> I am not really sure about your form sintax:
>
> <FORM method='POST' onsubmit=<jsp:forward
> page='DispatchServlet'/> >
>
> try
>
> <FORM method='POST' action="/DispatchServlet">
>
> I hope this helps.
>

> Jose Alfonso
>

> On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 09:16:19AM -0800, Nalini
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am writing my first JSP, servlets application
> using
> > Tomcat 4.1 server. I have a Win 98 machine.
> > I created a directory called "BookSource" under
> ROOT
> > under webapps.
> > This is my directory structure.
> > C:\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\ROOT\BookSource
> >
> > I have web-inf and login.jsp under this directory.
> > Under web-inf I have classes sub-directory and
> > web.xml.
> > I have DispatchServlet.class(under
> package/directory
> > BookStore) under the classes sub-directory.
> >
> > My web.xml is
> >

> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
> > <!DOCTYPE web-app (View Source for full
> doctype...)>
> > <web-app>
> > <servlet>
> > <servlet-name>DispatchServlet</servlet-name>
> > <description>This servlet plays the "controller"
> role
> > in the MVC architecture used in this application.
> It
> > is generally mapped to the ".do" filename
> extension
> > with a servlet-mapping element, and all form
> submits
> > in the app will be submitted to a request URI like
> > "saveCustomer.do", which will therefore be mapped
> > this servlet. The initialization parameter namess
> for
> > this servlet are the "servlet path" that will be
> > received by this servlet (after the filename
> extension
> > is removed). The corresponding value is the name
> of
> > the action class that will be used to process this
> > request.</description>

<servlet-class>BookStore.DispatchServlet</servlet-class>