tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Kleberma├č <kleberm...@limtec.de>
Subject Tomcat Configuration
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 14:48:25 GMT
Hi everyone, im quite a new Tomcat user, so not realy fitt in everything.
Because i have to set up Tomcat for a new customer in a shared hosting environment, i dont
want to waste ports ( as it is generated automaticly) so i tryed to close
the Shutdown Port of the Tomcat Server which is definied in the <Server> Statement.
  I had a look at google and quite a lot other resources but couldnt find out how to close
the port ( or better how to not open the port on startup ;)  )

Perhaps anyone here can help me with a simple sollution.

cya Martin

p.s.: beside this if anyone knows good solutions for tomcat in shared hosting environments
( with running a tomcat for each user under his own user_id for the most security) perhaps
he can give me a hint ;)